So HI!! And I just want to start and apologize for not continuing the study on Proverbs, life just got super busy and I haven’t taken the time to sit down and write anymore. Forgive me. But I do have something special to write about today!
First of all, OMG have you been outside today?? It feels like heaven!! I absolutely LOVEEEE fall and this makes me so excited for cooler weather! I have been on my front porch for hours just enjoying everything! There is just something about sitting on the front porch and being in awe of God and his beautiful creation! So anyways, I was out here earlier today doing my Bible study and journaling, when I got an idea for this blog.
A little bit about me….in my junior high and high school years, it seemed to be that you had to have a boyfriend or something was wrong with you. And of course as a junior high girl, I believed it. So during those few years, I texted a few guys. And when i say texted, I mean for like 2 or 3 days. But, none of them ever “worked out” so to speak. Eventually, I just decided to give up. You know, who cares if I don’t have a boyfriend? I mean, I was in junior high. It wasn’t actually a “boyfriend” anyways. So like I said, I just gave up. I was not going to worry about it anymore. After this, I should have just began to pray, but I did not pray as I should have. Yet, God still remained faithful to me. Because a few years later, along came Michael (my current boyfriend)!!!!
Michael is everything I want in a guy:
-loving -caring -always willing to help anyone -loves others more than himself -wants to strive to live for Christ -he’s a Christian – he’s handsome -he always has a smile on his face -he is hilarious -he sees the good in everyone -he never complains -he’s super sweet -he’s an awesome baseball player…yet he won’t admit it -he’s very respectful -he comes from a great family -he loves my family as well -he encourages me and believes in me when I don’t believe in myself -he’s just the best boyfriend ever
So what’s my point? As I look back on my younger years, I realize that God was saving me and protecting me. He knew that Michael would come into my path and sweep me off my feet 🙂 He knew that Michael had a heart of gold, and that he strives to live a life pleasing to God. Looking back, I am so thankful that God was with me, leading me the right way, protecting me, and saving me for someone like Michael. I cannot be more thankful. So because of this, I want all girls to know. I want to use my experience and share with you girlies what I wish I would have done.
This is what I want all girls to know:
- First of all, I want you to know that you do NOT have to have a boyfriend to complete you. No matter what society says, if you do not have a boyfriend, I promise you, you will be just fine. Don’t let anyone tell you differently. You are worth everything to God. Your worth does NOT ever come from a guy. Ever.
- I recommend NOT “dating” in junior high. Some people will call me crazy, but looking back, and looking at young girls now, I strongly recommend this. You are in junior high. Enjoy being a kid! Another reason I recommend this is because as a junior high girl, I had NO idea what I wanted in a guy. I was not mature enough to really even know what a “good guy” had. As a jr. high girl, you are probably just basing your opinion on looks and popularity. And when looks and popularity are all you are worried about in a guy, you’re going to have many disappointments in life. Junior High girls should not be worried about dating. Don’t rush it. I tried rushing it, and nothing ever happened. It was not until I had just given up and stopped worrying about having boyfriend that the most perfect guy ever came in my life. So just wait, and God will bless you. You do not need a boyfriend in Junior High anyways, you can’t even drive yet! Don’t rush things! Live for Christ.
- I want you to go make a list. I want you to think really, really hard about what you truly want in a guy. I want you to write on a piece of paper all the qualities you want a guy to have if you’re going to date him. The things I said about Michael earlier are all characteristics I wanted in my guy. Now I want you to think, really think, and write yours down. And I want you to fold it, and stick it somewhere you’ll always have. Perhaps even in your Bible!
- I want you to know that you are a jewel in God’s eye. You are his daughter. He cares more for you than you can even grasp. Do NOT just settle for any guy. (Once you get old enough to date). I don’t care if the guy is the cutest in the school, if he’s the star football, basketball, baseball, etc. player, I don’t care if he has the nicest truck in the world, I don’t care if he’s the guy everyone wants to date. I DO NOT CARE. If he does not match the characteristics you wrote down, and if you wrote them from your heart, if he does not match all of them, do not date him. You wrote down those characteristics for a REASON. Stick to them and DO NOT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS! Before you start thinking you want to date a certain guy, get that list out and compare his characteristics to the ones you wrote down on your list. Just. Do. It.
- The most important thing when it comes to dating is please make sure your beliefs and his beliefs are the same. Make sure he is a Christian. Make sure he is living his life for Christ the best he can. Make sure he’s involved in church. Make sure God comes first in EVERYTHING he does. This is the MOST important aspect to dating. In fact, in 2 Corinthians 6:14 God says this: “Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?” What this means is that it is not good for a Christian and a non-Christian to date. Some say well, if he dates me, he will become a Christian. NOOO!!!! It does not work like that. Just don’t even try it!
- One Sunday night during church, my preacher was talking about dating and relationships. And he told us “young people” as he calls us, that we do not need to date anyone we would not marry. And I had never thought about this, but he was right. And this is another reason that I don’t think you should date in Junior High. And even early High School years. And I think Bro. Buddy was right. I think you need to date someone you could see yourself marrying. Because look at this. If you date someone just to date them, or whatever your reason is, and you break up, Then you move on to someone else, And the pattern continues. We don’t see it this way, but that is the same thing as divorce. Dating in this society has just taken on a whole new meaning than what it should be. Society tells us that you just need a boyfriend to fulfill you or just for the fun of. This is not how it is supposed to be. You need to date someone you would marry. And that is why you don’t need to date when you’re young. I didn’t get blessed with Michael until my summer of 10th grade year. Was I mature? No I’ll never be completely mature, but I was way more mature than I was in 8th grade. I knew what I wanted in a guy. I knew that God was a big part of someone I was going to date. You are simply just not mature when you’re young when it comes to dating and relationships. You just aren’t. And I wasn’t either. You need time to grow up in life and in your spiritual walk to truly start thinking of what you want in a dating relationship and one day a marriage. If you would not marry the person you are dating, why are you even dating them? I’m so thankful God gave me Michael! And yes, I do plan on marrying him one day Lord willing!
- When you date, date someone who makes you feel happy. Who makes you smile. Who you can be yourself with. Who you can have clean fun with! And who most definitely LOVES Jesus and you, and you will have the best relationship ever!
I am not saying that mine and Michael’s relationship is perfect. Because it’s not. But, I can tell you that we both love the Lord, and even though we mess up daily, we both still have our number one goal as being the best we can be and living for Christ. I try my best to encourage him and he does the same for me. I’m beyond blessed that God gave me Michael, and I can tell you, waiting and not settling is TOTALLY worth it! And I also want to tell you that God is really always with you and looking out for you. He protected me from those few wrong guys and gave me just the right one! And I am SOOO thankful. Michael is my first real boyfriend and I couldn’t think of anyone better. And that’s because I truly believe it was ALL God! Cool story, but when Michael and I first started dating, he told me that he had prayed that if God wanted him to have a girlfriend, that he would send him a good Christian girl who loves God. And 2 weeks later (yes I admit it) I got his number and texted him. We stopped texting for awhile but started talking again, and now we’ve been dating for a little over 2 years. And he told me that he believes God answered that prayer. How cool is that? God needs to be a big part of your dating life! And I hope that you will take what I said to heart. I didn’t write this to boss you, I simply wrote this, because if I was in Junior High, I would want someone to tell me these things. This is what I personally have learned over the years, and I wanted to simply just share them with you!
Enjoy your life! Live for Christ! Shine your light! And know that I am always here if you’d like to talk!! 🙂
And Michael, if you’re reading this, thank you for being who you are and for loving Christ, and for loving me! I’m so thankful for you and I love you! :)…..sorry, I had to put this in here!!!
Much love girls,